AMVCA: I’ve never been invited talkless of getting a nomination – Ibrahim Chatta speaks on being ridiculed in the industry (Video)


 In his most recent essay, renowned Nollywood actor Ibrahim Chatta discusses how the AMVCA, which sponsors the prestigious award, has consistently passed him up. He also discusses the one prize he truly wants to win.


Chatta expressed his dissatisfaction at not being invited to the coveted award event during an interview with a radio station in Ibadan.


Remember that on Saturday, May 20, 2023, the ninth AMVCA edition was held at the Eko Hotel and Suites. Celebrities came there in stunning gowns, and the comments were priceless.


Ibrahim Chatta, who is well recognized for his versatility, admitted during the interview that he had previously felt ignored since the AMVCA had passed him over.


He acknowledged that there are many successful actors in the business who merit greater credit than he does.


Chatta knew this, but he couldn't help but wonder why his junior colleagues were getting invitations and he wasn't.


Ibrahim Chatta insisted he doesn't let the rejection impact him too much, though. His main goal is to continue honing his skill and excel in it.

In his words; “I always thought my work wasn’t good enough, but I see my younger colleagues who score an invite to the event. I don’t want any award to limit me because I am aiming for the Oscars. If I am focusing on not being nominated at AMVCA, I can lose focus.”

As expected the video generated several reactions, while some expressed their support and admiration for his bold ambition, others claimed that Ibrahim Chatta is a better artiste than some that get invitations and even won awards.

Watch the video below;

See reactions below;

officialomoborty: The Real IDAN with no competitor…

oluwabukola_arugba:  That Actor whose prowess gives me goosebumps.

ayoolaiya:  An ingenious actor tiaaaaaaaa, egbon tiaaaaaaa much love and respect from here 💕💕💕💕💯 Idan gangannnnnnnnnnnn.

isbae_u’:  Insha Allah 🙏🏿… I love you brother , and You are Amazing ❤️🙌🏾.

_kehindebankole:  Your gift is divine, you are heads and shoulders way above some. your honour is definitely the astounding type. It’s coming.

chief_femibranch:  Ibrahim YOU ARE GOOD. You are a phenomenal Actor and a pride to Africa. I tell you this everytime I see you, I still told you some days ago and I will keep saying it. Thank you @gbengaoyato for making the world realise this truth. L’ase Eledua Oscar e nbo ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️.

queen_ssharon:  The only actor I can use my father money to buy his movie without informing him nd will be calm When he sees it. Then nd still now. We love you Ibrahim chatta tiaaaaa🙌🙌🙌🙌.


Share this story 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I haven’t had s3x in 5 years” Actress Olaide Oyedeji cries out, shows off her new bre3st lift (Video)

Holding of opposite sex waist is nt allowed in Islam”- Fans criticized Olayinka Solomon and Pasuma’s close-up position, she replied

Oh My God”Speed Darlington Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Allegedly Hawking Human Meat As Suya